updates on information (music,fashion & lifestyle,politics,sports) etc…..
While some say he is the best of his generation, many say he is the most successful contemporary music artiste in Nigeria today.
Jos born, Nigerian singer, songwriter, record producer and father, Innocent Ujah Idibia, popularly known as Tuface Idibia (and fondly called 2baba by some), is one of the best music exports Nigeria has ever produced.
Despite his unarguable success and achieving super stardom, including a string of hits from his five albums to date, as well as the evergreen ‘African Queen’ from his debut solo album in 2004; the September 18 born, with over 16 years in the music industry, has remained humble and down-to-earth.
As the father of six clocks 38 today, we bring to you some random facts about Tu-baba that you probably did not know before now.
1) The African musician whose influence is remarkable in Tuface’s music is Fela. He however has a thing for Bongos Ikwue, Oliver De Coque, Hugh Masekela from South Africa, and many more.
2) His stage name ‘2face’ or Tuface, was chosen by him not because of any multiple personality but because of the fact that he thinks people in public will see him on TV, read about him in the papers, hear about him on the radio, thereby creating an impression of him to many, which necessarily is not all about him, the real Innocent Idibia and not the public figure,Tuface.
3) Tuface has six children from three different women. Although he is married to Annie Macauley, who they both have two girls together, he also has children from Pero Adeniyi and Sumbo Ajaba who is happily married. The names of the children are Rose Idibia, Isabella Idibia, Nino Idibia, Zii Idibia, Justin Idibia and Olivia Idibia.
4) Out of the famous global ‘brand’, he has met in his life, Wyclef Jean stands out for him, considering his kind of spirit and his humility.
5) Tuface Idibia wants to be remembered as the artiste who came and was very plain and open, no film trick around him. What you see is what you get, No hype. na me be me, you know. I want to be remembered as that guy who came and didn’t try to brag that he is (Aliko) Dangote, my money never reach Dangote level.